The Elgean Republic, the Non-Aligned Alliance Movement and the Illyriad Trade Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduce Yourself

+112
Agathokles
PonderStibbons
Cheebs
Yorgash
Trolin
hitt1
Lymfada
PlentyOToole
The Good Doctor
vhampyre
Jet Chicken
Erdo
Colbey
CahokiaAfton
Bobtron
Paky
Tickle
vilenjak
MJ_Yaguarondi
Phyren
Grom Battlehammer
Slobjok
Bendloud
Emperica
Artigh
Zoopher
LadyRox
Riddora
CraftyItalian
bajrang
tomasion
mohit9006
DArtagnan
Kurin
Glogan
cristeanna
Nausicaa Phaeacia
mastermanyeah
Harding
Bill Django
Ser Sawyer
DeWolfeJv
Mathiesp72
entrex
Raefar
Lady Salma
Asch'eIllyarna
Vayor
Romwell
Milonga
Nicon1
Balour
Gandiwen
SniffMuffins
Shadow Hound
Sparty
Balek
Brayvdayv
Pyrrhic
Donaldo
Ajeka
Sleepysylph
S. Monroe
HolyElf
Blaxx Stoneaxe
Zimi
Crulamin Loyalar
Prares
vindication
geverk
Yeesha
Chrissy Sexton
zyther9
atalusun
Lithearium
Broker.
Jenin
Teragram
Desertmoon
Syletsia
Aldenon
se'taoc
Ceth
FelixJaeger
Tomazo
papisilvio
LastChans
OmegaX
Nyxii
Mahariel
Tor-coln
Roryeno
camalbitboy
KD-Warhammer
josiah15
Irma Mahthildis
Hbz
Balmoth
corydemahdburd
Nilac
Stupify
Ruisert
derale
Nikolaos90
Rlok
Janosch
John Marston
Heimdal
Seahawk
Goatface
Belarkan
Founder (Nilac)
116 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty Introduce Yourself

Post  Founder (Nilac) Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:57 am

If you haven't posted in the forum yet, please introduce yourself here.

Even if you have posted in the forum previously, do feel free to introduce yourself.
Founder (Nilac)
Founder (Nilac)
Admin

https://republic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty Re: Introduce Yourself

Post  Belarkan Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:25 am

Thanks Nilac!

I wanted to present myself but didn't find the right place in the forum. Now there is one. :-)
(it's accessible to non-members though but I guess it doesn't matter)

So I'm a new member, I end up on Illyriad kind of by accident, was a little bit curious about the community and especially the alliances (I've tried Travian before and didn't really like it), found Janosch's post about the Old Republic and I guess that it definitely spiced up my interest for Illyriad. So here I am.

Thanks everybody for welcoming me in the alliance. The guides on the forum are really useful and you guys are very helpful in many ways; that's cool!

A few words about me: French, 25, living in Sweden for about 5 years, not really done with studies, but no real job either (working part time in few places)

And that's pretty much it.

Belarkan

Back to top Go down

Post  Goatface Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:00 am

Hallå, Belarkan! Or in this case; salutations du nordterre! Forgive my terrible French. It has only become less parsible over the years, though I might brush up on it in the future. Hopefully. Anyway, welcome to the game! I haven't been here too long myself, but it's perfect for if you have an active life, or work irregular hours. I do writing for work and fun, as well as some freelance number-crunchin', so end up stopping on by at weird hours. People here have been nothin' but friendly and supportive to me, and I hope you'll have a similar experience. Let us know if we can do anything for ya!

Oh, as fer me - I'm Goatface! I enjoy talking a lot, reading, writing, gardens and strategy. Due to my keyboard slowly dying, my contributions have been somewhat limited for the last few days, though I think I've rectified things temporarily. I live in a very cold, very sparsely populated place. The thaw has finally hit and I am excited for sprummer, May, and all that jazz. If there's anything else ya wanna know, just ask! And mostly of all, welcome to Illyriad!
Goatface
Goatface

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty OK I'll byte

Post  Seahawk Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:07 pm

Hello all, for those who don't know me yet I am Seahawk, I am not from Seattle, I was thinking more like MH-60R when I dreamed up this name. I am only sort of new since I actually started my little hut back at the end of March and I am still building. I am a Yank, and I take it there are a lot of Euros here (which is cool, I would otherwise never have much contact with the other side of the pond). I was directly recruited by Janosch, the first and only one to do so. I have also been given a lot of good mentoring advise by KD-Warhammer, so let me say thanks to him here publicly. I can be bit of a hawk-gamewise, but I am also pragmatic enough not pick unreasonable fights just to try out a new game feature. There is a lot to spin up on in this game, and even more to spin up on in this alliance, and I still don't understand the illy trade thing, but it sounds like some type of stock market trading house. I wonder if you can do short selling.

Last edited by Seahawk on Tue May 29, 2012 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Seahawk
Seahawk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty Greetings to all!

Post  Heimdal Tue May 01, 2012 7:04 am

I am Heimdal of the Illyriad Commodities Exchange ~ICE~ I started the game late last year and have enjoyed it since. I decided early on that the merchant business was for me. Of course, there be dragons out there so let me say I believe in a good military too! I started out in a great training alliance (SMA) and learned through them how to grow and the fun in helping others to grow also. I then joined a small alliance to try and help them but it proved disastrous. I fear that I could not get across that I was there to help them. Too, their leadership had make some critical errors in alliance member city placement that would cause serious future growth problems.

I felt it better to leave them and decided to start an alliance based on my ideals of trade and defense. I and my co-founder are of one mind in this and we continue to grow. We currently have 1 other member who we are helping to get established. I enjoy helping newbs with resources and advice about the game. I am always looking for younger players who really want to learn the game and all of it's intricacies. Those that just want freebies need not apply!

Currently, I do not have much time for the game so am more into the manufacturing and wholesale distribution of goods. I use third party business partners to do the actual selling on the market. This way I make a Very nice sum and my partner pockets a tidy profit too! My ultimate goal is not to be a MEGA city player but to have 18-22k cities with HUGE production output and stout defenses. Heimdal[b]
Heimdal
Heimdal

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty Re: Introduce

Post  John Marston Wed May 02, 2012 9:26 am

Hello all,
I'm John Marston and I am the leader of the Republic of Illyria. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

John Marston

Back to top Go down

Post  Founder (Nilac) Thu May 03, 2012 8:27 am

John Marston wrote:Hello all,
I'm John Marston and I am the leader of the Republic of Illyria. Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Welcome! We currently have elections ongoing and are also in the process of adopting a new Code that will make TOR compatible with a multi-in-game alliance system. This will allow us to merge with alliances like yours. All members will register here on forum and petition for TOR membership. We will also adopt a Code to recognize your alliance as a TOR alliance, if you would like to keep your in-game alliance. But this will take one more week or so, so please bear with us. In the mean time, you could start a conversation with our members in the Public Forum.
Founder (Nilac)
Founder (Nilac)
Admin

https://republic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Janosch Fri May 04, 2012 6:01 am

John Marston wrote:Hello all,

Welcome!

And also welcome to all members that joined or will join.

I am Janosch and most of you will know me already. Some say I am the founder of TOR. Originally I had the idea together with my brother Nrico. He is not very active though. However many other players helped in founding the alliance and I do not want to claim this title for me. If any new member has any urgent issues or constructive feedback, you can always send me an in game mail.

Enjoy the Republic!
Janosch
Janosch

Back to top Go down

Post  Rlok Tue May 08, 2012 7:01 am

Hello I'm Rlok I'm a member of FTG. I've moved to The Waste region hoping to provide some competitive trading in that area. Hope to have a good time trading around here.

Rlok

Back to top Go down

Post  Nikolaos90 Fri May 11, 2012 12:28 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Nikolaos and I recently joined TOR. I just got around to registering on the forums. I am new to the game but I think I am starting to get the hang of it.

Nikolaos90

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty Hello

Post  derale Sun May 27, 2012 4:16 pm

Hello everyone my username is derale, and I am a relatively new member of TOR-U. Liking the game so far, but I still have lots to learn so any advice is always welcome. Thanks.

derale

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty Howdy

Post  Ruisert Tue May 29, 2012 11:50 pm

Ruisert, from Texas. Just started this game a few days ago, seems to be a lot to learn. Not much more to say right now... scratch

Ruisert

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty Sup!!!

Post  Stupify Thu May 31, 2012 2:58 am

cheers I love the tor-u anyways hi all hope to get to know everyone and learn from others i am in west lafayette indiana usa but dont going thinking i am some redneck chicago boy born and raised hope to have many nights of wild drinking and wild adventures with every1 woot woot
Stupify
Stupify

Back to top Go down

Post  Nilac Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:06 am

Hello, I'm new here. Please be nice to me, I am your friend. There is no reason to run away in fear and loathing. Resistance is futile. No
Nilac
Nilac

Back to top Go down

Post  Janosch Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:05 am

Sorry you have lost your founder profile, Nilac. I am happy we found an agreement and have just proposed to accept your NAP-offer Wink
Janosch
Janosch

Back to top Go down

Post  corydemahdburd Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:07 am

Hello all! Name's Cory and I'm a new member. It's good to meet you all.

corydemahdburd

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty Hello to all

Post  Balmoth Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:05 am

Greetings all
I am happy to have joined The Old Republic University.

I am 42 from Denmark. I work as an IT professional. I am married and I have 2 boys aged 8 and 12.
I have played several other online strategy games, but most have too much of a spreadsheet feel. Illyriad looks promising though.

I look forward to gaming with you in the time to come.

best regards
Balmoth.

Last edited by Balmoth on Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:16 am; edited 2 times in total

Balmoth

Back to top Go down

Post  Hbz Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:28 am

Hello alliance members,
I'm Hbz77 from Italy, i'm 35 yrs hold and work as IT Consultant.

I've played other strategy game such Travian, Grepolis etc, but this one seems far more deeper.

I'm happy to explore and enjoy this game with you.
Hbz
Hbz

Back to top Go down

Post  Irma Mahthildis Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:17 am

I suppose it is long overdue for me to do a proper introduction, though I do not believe I can claim the title of "new player" at this point.

Greetings to all of you. I am, for all intents and purposes here, Irma Mahthildis, dwarven lady of the west. ( I shall note here, for I have done it in no other place, Mahthildis is not a surname. ) I have been a member of this Republic since mid November of 2011.

I am told I am somewhat unpredictable; Withdrawn one moment and passionately verbose the next. I am not quite sure what to make of that myself, but I thought I would share it anyway. I suppose it could be a warning label of sorts. ^_^

Rather uncertain as to what more to write regarding myself. So I shall close by noting that I am open to questions and comments via in-game messages.

I do wish good luck to all of you.
Irma Mahthildis
Irma Mahthildis

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty Greetings

Post  josiah15 Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:04 pm

Hello, I am josiah15. My real name is James, and I am a resident of the USA (central Illinois). My job is as a forklift driver in a plastics plant (and I also handle raw materials inventory for the same plant). In my off hours, I also play other computer games (Wizard 101 mainly). I hope to be a contributing member of The Old Republic.
josiah15
josiah15

Back to top Go down

Post  KD-Warhammer Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:21 pm

I'm kd-warhammer or greyland I tend to be grumpy and irratable, but I'm willing to help you out if you need it, send me a mail if you need something.

KD-Warhammer

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty Hello

Post  camalbitboy Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:30 am

Hi All,

I'm Camalbitboy and I'm based in the UK. I've played a couple of games like this, but this is the most complex so far.
I log in fairly regularly, but tends to be an hour a day or every other day, rather than on all the time. (I must confess to setting alarms to get me to log in and get things queued up though).

I hope I can contibute and have fun with you all.

Cam

camalbitboy

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty HELLO

Post  Roryeno Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:21 pm

HI Everyone Brand new member (still have my rainbow) found this allience, actually Janosch emailed me and i liked what i saw. it has been very helpful. looking forward to growing in TORU and graduating to helping out. located in game in Meilla and Oregon in Real life.
Roryeno
Roryeno

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty *Bows* To all members; I bid thee greetings

Post  Tor-coln Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:33 am

*Bows* To all members; I bid thee greetings

My name is Tor-coln
As I am not very good at greetings I shall keep myself brief.
My history can be seen within the in-game profile. ( I am with TOR)
I myself, enjoy chatting when I am on and generally in constant good mirth.
Myself, I will say I am not yet an experienced player but I endevour to learn all that is to know.
In regards to my comrades, I do all my power to provide aide.

If anyone have questions,requests, or just want to have idle chit chat
(please feel free to send a messanger with a message or if found in AC please free to chat)
Tor-coln
Tor-coln

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahariel Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:55 am

Hi, everyone.

I'm Mahariel and I'm from the States. I heard of Illyriad through my roommate's brother-in-law of all things, and I really like what I've seen so far. Hobbies include gaming (lots of shooters and RPGs) and dabbling in martial arts.
Mahariel
Mahariel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum